Are you a midwife who is seeking confidential legal advice or representation?
Has your local Supervisor of Midwives raised concerns about your practice?
Has a patient complained about you?
Are you being sued in negligence for malpractice?
Have you been reported to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)?
Alexander Barristers specialise in midwifery law, disputes about the midwives code of conduct, supervision of midwives issues, and other ancillary legal and regulatory matters.
Midwives may now instruct a barrister directly or via a solicitor.
A summary of our work appears below, but for more thorough details of our services see our page: Areas of Work
- Members of Chambers have acted for several hundred practitioners from various disciplines in regulatory proceedings and appeals, including midwives before the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Members of Chambers undertake routine and specialist (claimant and defendant) clinical negligence (inc. midwifery negligence) and personal injury work.
- Chambers has particular expertise in nursing and midwifery legal defence issues.
- Chambers acts for midwives and maternity hospitals at coroner's inquests.
- Meetings with barristers can be arranged in central London, or Cardiff, or at a client's home or solicitor's office.
- Our fees are competitive.
Contact us in confidence on 0845 652 0451